Sunday, February 6, 2011

Poetry, love, and everyday matters

Tomorrow morning, Tammy and I should learn if we're going to have a boy or a girl during Tammy's scheduled ultrasound. I'll, of course, update everyone tomorrow at some point.

For now, I want to share a few links that've been circulating online that are related to me.

Poetry
Miriam Sagan conducted a short three-question interview with me on her Miriam's Well blog. She asks me questions like: "Is there anything you dislike about being a poet?"

Click here to see how I answer that question as well as two others.

Love
Amanda Hoving recently had me on her Amanda's Wrinkled Pages as a guest blogger. I wrote a post on writing and love titled "Share Your Writing and Who Knows What Will Happen," in which I describe the event that got me hooked on poetry and how poetry got me hooked on my wife, Tammy.

Click here to read the guest post.

Everyday Matters
Amanda Oaks published my poem "I think the world is a pin cushion" back in October, 2009, on her Kind Over Matter blog (with a really cool image included), but earlier today, she shared the link again on Facebook, which inspired this post. So even though the poem has been on that blog for more than a year now, I feel like I should go ahead and link to it one more time.

Click here to read the poem.

*****

But there's more...
I'm working on a guest post that deals with social media for Erin Reel's blog, The Lit Coach's Guide to the Writer's Life. I believe that post will run on or around February 14, which is Valentine's Day! What better day to learn a little more about getting social, right?

Click here to check out Erin's blog.

*****

Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer

*****

Wait a second! Is Valentine's Day right around the corner? Here are some possible gifts to get those you love:
  • iTunes gift card. That way your sweetie can download a lot of Marvin Gaye and Barry White for, umm, you know, listening to.
  • Vase. For those flowers you're going to get that that special someone.
  • Kindle. If your sweetheart loves reading, then this is a no-brainer.
  • Love Actually. Instead of going out to a movie, stay in and cook a romantic dinner for two. This movie works almost as well as the Marvin Gaye and Barry White for, umm, well, listening to.

2 comments:

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

Wow, sounds like you're really busy lately! Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Just saw your tweet...Congratulations on your soon to arrive baby girl! She will be the princess of all.

I enjoyed checking out all of the other links. Thanks for the shout-out -- your post on sharing your writing has inspired many.