Friday, August 21, 2009

Ice cream & coffee

New addiction: XSLT style sheets

(I bet you thought I was going to say coffee and ice cream, huh?)

Yesterday, I wasn't sure if I'd even be able to handle them. Now, I feel super empowered.

I'm so glad I decided to bite the bullet and offer to do the programming for these particular pages on the website. One, these changes will get reflected sooner. Two, there will be a lot less back-and-forth and trying to describe what I want. Three, they'll be more accurate. Yay!

*****

So, where does the ice cream and coffee enter the picture?

Tammy, Will and I got out to the Duluth square earlier tonight to listen to this percussion trio and the Gwinnett Symphony Orchestra. The event, called Symphony on the Green, was free, and it was a nice break from the XSLT style sheet coding.

There's a lot of green space at the Duluth square, so we just spread out a blanket and listened to the music while Will played with his baby toys and tried standing up on his own. He was being very, very cute. And you can tell he's like his mommy and daddy, because he's a straight-up people watcher.

Anyway, at some point, Tammy decided to get us some coffee and this super awesome chocolate with chocolate chunks ice cream. OMG, it was great!

*****

When we got back, I jumped back into my XSLT style sheets. And have been listening to rain and thunder all evening (luckily, it held off for the concert earlier tonight).

2 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

i wish i could take some classes to learn more programming!

Anonymous said...

How do you deal with different browsers?

What I mean is that teaching myself how to program webpages has always been super stressful because I worry that even once I finally seem to 'get' it, I wonder if it only looks correct on my own browser. haha.

Aw, the troubles of being a writer who does all the dirty work himself.